March 15, 2006

Day of the Triffids

This morning AM and I were talking about snakes and the contact they have with the ground. It seemed somehow funny to think of an animal moving forward without legs, wings or fins. And they feel vibrations through the ground. Their little muscular bodies rub against the ground. They don't rub themselves raw, and they aren't lubricated. Imagine shedding a skin, and not mourning it.

I am disgusted by the Commonwealth Games. Apparently the opening ceremony cost $50 million. It was hideous quasi-'cultural' artifice. What are we doing? It scares me when something so huge happens, and the majority of people don't seem to question the validity of it. So what happens to the village (with no air conditioning) when it is over? Today the MCG must be like the stinking greasy condom from a drunken fuck. The bloody queen sitting there next to John and Jeanette. I know we are in the minority in thinking these people are revolting, yet I feel absolutely justified. How can people value things that I don't? We know how to handle ourselves, like excited teenage boys on the verge of ejaculation. I'm on the verge of something too you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home