February 02, 2006

Sleepless

I watched a Dario Argento film last night called Sleepless. I would love to have seen the reactions of AM and I towards the end when the villain is shot in the head through a window. The thing that was striking about it was that the bullet came through the back of his head and out the front, so his face exploded. It was this amazing eruption kind of thing. I realised that I have never seen anything like that before in film or tv. It was a very non-traditional film shooting, and almost rather beautiful. It reminded me of a film I once saw where a man was shot with a machine gun, and his body convulsed and danced about quite comically. There was something satisfyingly beautiful about that too.

I went to bed and quivered and twitched, feeling that horribly familiar electrical current run through me. I want to learn how to sleep deeply and effectively, but I think in some way I am too scared to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home