June 14, 2006

Free Association

I was reading a book last night about free association (psychoanalysis) and the Freudian Pair. Any time I have tried to do it, I become so conscious of 'thought' that I revert to thinking about thought and not just 'thinking'. I like the idea of significances within random thought, but I'm not sure how possible, or 'free' free thought can possibly be.

I thinkn about how my lips are dry, and I can really feel them as part of my face, before you come to any conclusion, and I need to cough, I'm starting to be conscious of thinking, I worry about my eyes, I watch someone open some bread, think about office cups and how stupid and petty people can be, the sound of speech through food, think I need to go to the toilet, love the feel of my fingers touching the keys, and I hugged Tom this morning only wearing a bra, a push up bra, golgotha, if she comes she comes, before you come to any conclusion, vegemite on an ulcer, the thought is there, that revolting wobbly voice, since London, my lips feel so big, just scrape off the brown bits. These don't seem to be thoughts anymore, just listenings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home