May 15, 2006

The Retail Nun


I asked someone from Consumer Affairs to speak at a meeting. Inspired by my contact with, and deep love of (I assume) the Consumer Affairs people, last night I had a dream about "The Retail Nun". She was a bit like Sister Wendy, only had a half hour slot on tv in which to discuss scams, bargains and general consumer issues.


I must remember to email/call Channel 31 to complain about Red Lobster, which is a late night program consisting of Very Bad Poetry, generally read by Very Weird People, who I suspect are either stoned or have some serious mental health issues. AM and I were hysterical last time we watched it. There was the dowdy woman with long hair who looked a bit like a man, but who I suspect spent a lot of time playing role playing games and talking about World Of Warcraft (fuck I hate computer games), and of course the obligatory middle aged lady with large puffy/frizzy hair and large 'hi I'm really spiritual' ear rings, whose poetry was all about women, because you know, there hasn't been enough vag poetry over the years has there? You know those women who wear big ear rings, in that scary womany/tribal way. I am (middle aged semi hippie) woman hear me snore. They are the kind of women you expect to be into clay and ceramics etc, because it is really earthy. Fuck off. I know you can't really expect a lot from community tv. The word community is becoming funny, and almost synonymous with crapness. I work for community organisations don't I? What does that mean?

I always enjoy Channel 31's 3.30am Fishcam though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh EP this is HYSTERICAL and oh oh so dam true.

tried to call you the other night but no answer ringing ringing ringing ringinggggggggggggggggg

11:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home