July 27, 2006

Manikin/Homunculus

When I saw Manikin Pis in brussels I was terribly unimpressed because I realised that my grandfather had a replica in his garden when I was a child. Of course when I was a child I found it terribly funny and enjoying turning the tap on really hard so the little boy was gushing piss into the pond and damaging the lilly pads. Apparently when he had the statue/fountain installed I asked in front of numerous people 'why would anyone want a statue of a boy weeing?' What a philistine I was as a child! Ah, but now I have seen the thing itself, and still found it funny, and not even in a quaint European way, but just stupid. So, the little man - manikin or homunculus - continues to urinate, which somehow I find almost sad, as if he isn't ever able to expel all the liquid, as if he is just a urine conduit and nothing more. Imagine being defined by your bodily functions.

I haven't been able to sleep properly recently. I know I am stressed when I don't sleep and my skin is crazy. It is itchy and raw on my fingers. Recently I wore latex gloves to bed over my cream covered hands, in the hope that making them sweat would soften them. It is a funny idea. It didn't work. And when I don't sleep properly I have strange, shallow, almost real dreams. Perhaps it is just that I am unable to distinguish dream from reality sometimes. I still feel very strongly that Bert Newton is gay, due to a dream I had many years ago.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shatterbum Post #2

They call me Shatterbum, and I also have trouble with slumber, due, in no small part, to the shards of shiny glass embedded in my puckered anus. They irritate and agitate, slicing their way into my intimate innards. I take to my orifice with tweezers, prying open my gaping hole, excavating small crystal treasures from my fleshy ruins. Unable to scratch my insatiable itch, I continue my crucial work with a razor. Tearing off thin strips, I slice precisely, pulling my insides out.

They come for me at night, and I cannot silence them. Their teeth are sharp, and their needs are many.

I lie here, awake, and bleed.

4:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can only be one of four people, and I am enjoying guessing. I am guessing EJ???? Although AW, AB and AC are all equally likely....

7:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've ALWAYS thought Bert was gay. Not sure why - but I've always known it.

I MISS YOU

3:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home